Journey WITH Charissa

Sunday, June 24, 2007

A stress-buster

Saturday's shopping trip--something that was supposed to be fun and relaxing--turned into something akin to a nightmare, no fault of the shopping; however, leave it to Charissa to help break the stress.

Recently, we introduced her to the story of Henny-Penny of "sky-is-falling" fame. You remember the cast: Henny-Penny, Ducky-Lucky, et al. She enjoyed the story, so we read it several times before sending back over the library rainbow to Dorothy and Toto (aka Cheri and whomever wishes to be identified as a yappy, nappy little dog.)

So yesterday, I told her that we were going to go to the craft store. We arrived a while later, and, as we walked toward the door, she asked me, "This is Turkey-Lurkey?" Needless to say, I was a bit befuddled, but only for a moment. As I looked at the marquee above the door, it hit me what she meant. I replied, "No. This is Hobby Lobby."

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Shane said…

    LOL...It's been a couple of days since you told me about this, and I'm STILL laughing.

    That's hilarious!

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger valerie said…

    I am home and caught up on Charissa! Such fun and warmth reading about her adventures! I tell you again, write a book!
    I read the entries to Tony and he had a great laugh too. I will never enter Hobby Lobby and not think of Turkey Lurkey! oh my! out of the mouths of babes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home